[text_image img="http://8list.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Countries-Aiding-in-Yolanda-Haiyan-headtitle.png" width="100%" type="title"][list_title][/text_image]
Many countries have pitched in to help us recover from the devastation of Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan. We want to acknowledge these contributions because it’s the least we can do. This 8List will continue to grow as information is updated.
But especially in the case of financial aid, we need to keep these numbers out there in the public consciousness to help monitor the disbursement and ensuring its proper use.
- AUSTRALIA - US$10 million package, plus $390,500.
- CANADA - C$5 million + $30,000
- DENMARK - KR 10 million
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION - US$4 million and 8 million British Pounds.
- EUROPEAN UNION - PHP600M
- GERMANY - 500,000 British Pounds
- IRELAND - 1 million British Pounds
- JAPAN - US$10 million, Update: now almost US$30 million.
- THE NETHERLANDS - undisclosed financial aid
- NEW ZEALAND - NZ $2.15 million and $124,000
- NORWAY - KR 20 million
- SAUDI ARABIA through Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud - US$100,000
- SINGAPORE - $50,000 + S$150,000
- SOUTH KOREA - US$5 million
- SPAIN - 1.1 million British Pounds
- CHINA (PROC) - US$100,000
- TAIWAN (ROC) - US$200,000
- UNITED KINGDOM - A total of 10 million British Pounds
- UNITED STATES - US$ 100,000
- USAID/OFDA - US$ 10 million
- VATICAN - US$ 150,000
- BELGIUM - medical and search and rescue personnel
- HUNGARY - search and rescue personnel and rapid response team
- ISRAEL - a team of medical, trauma and relief professionals
- JAPAN - emergency relief medical team
- MALAYSIA - medical and search and rescue teams
- RUSSIA - rapid response team
- TURKEY - medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
- GERMANY - 23 tons of relief goods
- INDONESIA - in-kind donations
- SPAIN - in-kind donations
- SWEDEN- emergency communications equipment
- UNITED KINGDOM - a Naval battleship to accelerate relief efforts.
- UNITED STATES - initial $100,000 for water and sanitation; Troops, emergency respondents, transportation and equipment, as well as two amphibious vehicles. They are also sending an aircraft carrier.
Source: Public Google Docs spreadsheet maintained by Ms. Jane Uymatiao