8 Rejected Excuses Why VP Binay Backed Out Of His Debate With Senator Trillanes
With everyone looking forward to seeing the debate between VP Binay and Senator Trillanes on November 27, it came as a surprise to next to nobody that the Vice President decided to back out of the scheduled debate, because apparently, Senator Trillanes beat the vice president at his own game when the Senator managed to paint himself as the underdog in this debate.
The irony? This debate was a challenge issued by VP Binay, in the first place.
Here are 8 rejected excuses why this very predictable cancellation happened, before our good Vice President finally settled on one. We’d have loved to explain this some more, but reasons.
8. “Senator Trillanes should give me 99 iPhones first before I reconsider debating him.”
7. “I got trapped in Jun-Jun’s elevator on my way to the debate.”
6. “Only if they move the debate to the Manila Peninsula.”
5. “He has to come to the debate wearing Nancy’s SONA gown.”
4. “He is making this a battle between the rich and the poor – and this time, he’s the poor one.”
3. “The debate was never canceled. He’s still debating the owner of the hacienda. Antonio Tiu, right?”
2. “This is a demolition job on me – even if I made the challenge myself, to begin with.”
1. “He can debate me in 2016, after I get sworn in as president.”